quinta-feira, 19 de fevereiro de 2009

India!

After over one month traveling through muslim countries, I arrived in India.

I have to admit the atmoshphere is much more relaxed. Even though I didnt have any problems or felt any danger anywhere, I dont have anymore the feeling if I do something wrong, take the wrong picture or say the wrong words they will cut my hand, stone me to dead or kidnap me!:)

I entered India and got straight into the most holy place for the siks (the indian guys with turbants), the Golden Temple in Armidstar.Siks believe that to be holy u cannot cut any hair in ur body ( dont ask me if this apply to women or not. I rather not think about it!). They also believe in the equality between man and women, so you can see again men and women together praying, what is nice. They believe in many other stuff. But u will have to wait for my book on that to be published in a near future:)

In this temple everyone can stay for free, they have a special dorm for foreigners. very basic, but still free! they also have this huge canteens for thousands for people where everyone can eat for free. Outside u can see dozens of volunteers preparing the food. Only vegetarian food, but nice. It's that kind of food that once you can switch off ur brain not to throw up, u can realise it's tasty!:)

The golden temple itself is really beautiful, right in the middle of a huge holy pool. 24 hours a day there are priests singing and playing so u can really have a feeling of holiness in this place.

I think I will like India...

0 comentários: