domingo, 22 de fevereiro de 2009

One month and 12 days after...it finally happened!

It had to come the day...

No one can expect to embark on a long journey like this, through places where poverty is an imposed lifestyle and not beeing robbed!

This night it happened to me! I left Rishikesh on my way to Nepal, on a night train. The train trip itself, for the first 3 hours was the worst one i ever had! Hundreds of pilgrims came to the Ganges River to collect holy whater to take back to their hometowns has tomorrow is national hollidays, Shiva's, the hindu godess, day. And they all decided to go back to their villages on the same train I was!

You can see in these pictures how the train was!



I was actually enjoying the trip. Welcome to India I was thinking!:)





These flowers u see, are structures where they carry two buckets of water on each end. They walked from their villages to the river to collect the water, and then they go back by train, bus or whatever. They cannot put this water on the floor, and as u can imagine, they were pretty pissed of when i was hitting them with my huge backpack on my way to my seat!!:)

Around 2 in the morning they left. I came down my bed, put my backpack under to bottom bed (i was on the top one) and, confortably, took out my shoes, got in my sleeping bag for my beauty sleep!

Well...When I woke up, My shoes were gone!!!beautiful nike trekking shoes, gore tex, probably even hand made by some kid in bangladesh...It was love at first sight when I saw them in a shop in Poland...I cannot even tell you how many adventures I had with these shoes, how many KM they already had on them....

COnsolation prize is that they didnt take the backpack! At least a good thing that i'm carrying a stupidly big and over stuffed backpack...not any indian guy can easily steal it!!

Anyhow...It could have been worse. Was a wake up call that I left Muslim countries, with all their flaws (no women, no alchool, no pork meat...) but with NO THIEVES!!!

Next time they'll come I'll be waiting for them!

But I Guess this was a TRIP:



(Found this sign on the door of every bathroom in the train!dont ask me what is, but I guess it stands for smelly, dirty and shitty!:)

2 comentários:

Tira linhas disse...

他們告訴我電子盜竊網球!我也聽到有電子電子的火車和手,自責分率如此邪惡,所以犯規,這似乎印第安,在網球和建設的窗口街頭。

城市

João Ramalheira (소아오 하말례이라) disse...

tás com bom aspecto sim sr....
by the way, da um salto ao Uzbequistao.....the best femmes of central asia! trust me!